Wednesday 9 April 2014

Zurleys competition

 
Our first big project in the house is the kitchen. We have decided that once this is completed we will move in and live with the rest of the house as it is and do that up as we go along.
The kitchen is a very big project and this is how it looks at the moment.
 
Our serving hatch which we are NOT keeping!

Kitchen cupboards and sink which will all be coming out.

Retro doors

Old fashioned kitchen


Zurleys http://www.zurleys.co.uk/ is a new furniture and home accessories store online which sell different types of furniture, including mirrored and retro. They have asked me to think about what I would do to a room in my house if money were no object.
There's so much I would like to do to my kitchen as I know this is the room that we will spend most of our time in.

Firstly where to start? I would ideally like to drop my kitchen down a little so that we step down into luxury.
I would then have all oak cupboards and surfaces with replica brick tiles on the walls to give that country cottage feel.
I would ensure space for a small breakfast bar at one end of the kitchen and would like the comfortable, stylish bar stools from Zurleys to stand under the breakfast bar, I really like the one which have a back and arm rest, they would help to make the kitchen look modern and cosy.

I would also really like a huge retro SMEG fridge in my kitchen, ideally Black and an AGA so my husband can do lots of cooking ;)

I would also use all the funky kitchen accessories from Zurleys as they are extremely colourful and very modern. I would maybe choose the colour red as my husband is likes this colour and you have to let him have some things he likes don't you? I would have the red storage tins, utensils, pans and bin which will give the kitchen a funky feel.
To brighten up the kitchen I would have spot lights dotted around the roof and also along the bottom on the kitchen cupboards.

To finish I would have oak doors leading into my hall way and into my garage to continue that country cottage feel.

If only money wasn't an object...




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment