Monday 7 April 2014

The house is ours!

I know I haven't been on for a while to write comments and keep you all updated on the process of the house. 
I am very busy as a Primary school teacher, working full time and in a school 20 minutes away. I also managed to full over whilst playing netball for my local team and have damaged the ligaments and soft tissue in my ankle - this has resulted to me being on crutches! Not ideal! However, as the school holidays are here I now have lots of time to update my blog!
 
We also found that once the solicitors have hold of the paper work and the remaining arrangements, everything goes quite and they get on with their job in the background of everything else.
 
Anyway, I can now confidently say the house is ours and we have the keys! This is all so exciting, the house needs every room renovating except the bathroom so we have a lot of work to do but are very keen to get in there and get going!
 
We are now beginning to write never ending lists (If you are a Primary school teacher yourself, you will know that lists are very important!)
 
Did you know?
This morning I rang the local council to ask them about council tax and inform them that we would not yet be living there as we have lots of work to do. I had been informed by various people that you didn't have to pay for council tax for a certain period of time if your not living in the property. However, this is not true, the rules changed in April last year and you still have to pay if not living in the property.
This is something useful to take into account if trying to budget.
 
If you have any tips or ideas for renovation please let me know!! :)
 
I will update the blog with some photographs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment